Peoria Heating Repair & Replacement
Is your heater on the fritz? If your house is not getting warm, you could have a heating problem. Worlock Air Conditioning’s certified HVAC technicians can help get your heater working again. We work on all types of heating systems including traditional furnaces, heat pumps, and even geothermal heat sources. We can get them fixed and get you nice and cozy as quickly as possible.
Don’t wait until winter to get your heating system repaired. Our team of experienced professionals can help keep your heating system in tip-top shape all year round. If it turns out you need a replacement, we offer a variety of options that are tailored to meet your needs and budget. We will make sure you get the best possible solution for keeping warm throughout the winter months!
What's Wrong With Your Heater?
For the majority of the year, most of our heaters are inactive. But when the temperature drops and winter arrives, your heating system suddenly has to work double-time — and that’s when problems might start to occur. Before you call an HVAC company, there are some things you can check to see if it is a problem that you can handle yourself.
Before you call us, we suggest you check the following things:
- Your thermostat: Have you switched your system to heat? Is it set at a high enough temperature to turn on your system? To see if your heater is working, turn your thermostat up a few degrees above the current temperature. If the heat comes on, then you know that the thermostat is working. If your thermostat is not working, check its power source. Many thermostats are battery-operated. You might be able to fix it by changing the batteries.
- Your power: Make sure the power is on at the unit and that any breakers are turned to the right position. If your furnace trips your breaker, it is a sign of a potential problem. Leave it off and call an HVAC professional for immediate service.
- Your pilot light: Your pilot light needs to be lit for a gas furnace to function. The light should be blue. If your pilot light will not stay lit or if the pilot light is yellow, that could be a serious problem like a fuel or carbon monoxide issue.
- Your filters: Just like your air conditioners, your furnace needs clean filters to operate. Check your filters. Replace or clean dirty filters and see if that improves your heater’s operation.
- Your air intake vent: Your furnace has an exterior air intake vent. They can get blocked with dirt and debris. Clear the vent and see if that improves your furnace’s performance.
If none of these steps help, you need an HVAC technician. Give Worlock a call. We have built a reputation for honest, reliable, and affordable HVAC service in Phoenix and the surrounding area. We will come out and assess your problem, describe what repairs are needed, and give you a reliable estimate for those repairs.
Do weekdays not work for you? We can see you on the weekend!
We're here to help you whenever you need us.
Don't sit around and wait for an HVAC technician. We're here for you!
Talk to our team about our heating and cooling services warranty!
We make it easy to get started with a completely free quote.
We make it easy for you to have confidence in the team you call.
Should You Replace or Repair Your Heating System in Phoenix?
When your heater is not working properly, you may be faced with the difficult question of whether it needs a repair or a replacement. In most cases, people would prefer to get their heating system repaired rather than replaced because repairs are usually more cost-effective and time-efficient. However, this is not always the case and certain factors should be taken into consideration before making a decision.
Some factors to think about:
- How old is the heater? Generally speaking, systems that are more than 10 years old may be on their last leg and in need of replacement instead of repair.
- Are you spending more money on repairs than it would cost to replace the system? Sometimes the cost of a repair can be just as much as a new system. In such a case, it would be more cost efficient to get a new system rather than keep pouring money into repairs. As a general rule, we recommend replacement whenever the cost of a repair is 50% or more of the cost of a new system.
- Is the system functioning properly and efficiently? High energy bills could indicate an inefficient or malfunctioning heater. This could also coincide with the age of the system as older heaters tend to be less efficient than newer models. Ultimately, the decision between repair and replacement should come down to a cost-benefit analysis.
- Are there any strange sounds or smells coming from your system? Unusual noises or odors can be a sign that something needs to be replaced rather than repaired. It could be something as minor as a loose or overheated part that our team could easily switch with a brand-new part.
- Has regular maintenance been performed on the unit? Proper maintenance is key for a well-functioning heating unit; if it has not been adequately maintained, this could lead to bigger problems down the line.
- Do you live in an area with extreme temperatures or weather conditions? We live in the south-central portion of Arizona known for its extreme temperatures and dry climate, so a newer and better quality heating system might be worth investing in for improved performance.
At Worlock Air Conditioning & Heating, our team can thoroughly inspect your heater and provide you with the best options for repair or replacement. We will go over each option in detail and explain the pros and cons of each so that you can make an informed decision on what is best for your home.
Call us today at (480) 470-3616 or fill out our online form for a free estimate on repairs or replacements in Peoria and Phoenix! Our team is standing by ready to help you be warm and comfortable all winter long.